Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 19. In Which Our Heroes...Take a Break?

OK, folks. After working the holidays, we've decided we deserve a vacation. So, for the first time in 19 days...no baseball.

Consequently, I'm keeping this post short. Of course, we spent our day off resting. By which I mean we woke up at 8am and went to Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH, the self-proclaimed "Roller Coast of the U.S." Where we spent almost 10 hours walking around in 90-degree heat, waiting in lines in 90-degree heat, and riding coasters in 90-degree heat.

There were indeed some impressive coasters. We rode them. Nothing I can say about them will do them justice.

Many of them were rough. I got a headache. If you go, RIDE MAVERICK. Ride Millennium Force if the line isn't too bad. Iron Dragon is a novel design, but it does not earn its supposed thrill rating of 4 out of 5. RIDE RAPTOR (protip: it's at the start of the park, so if you curl back late in the day there's virtually no line). If you ride Magnum, do NOT push the lap bar down too tight, as it'll kill your thighs. Ride Gemini and Blue Streak. Do NOT ride Mean Streak unless you hate your spine/love your local spine surgeon. Ride Mantis. There, I'm done.

Then we had Italian food for dinner.

Then I wrote two blog posts.

Now I'm going to bed.

Tomorrow, on to Lexington, KY, then home to Rome and Lawrenceville, GA to close out our journey on a couple of our favorite team's farm squads. Looking forward to it!

1 comment:

  1. I happen to think Iron Dragon is the shit. I love that one.

    I also did Mean Streak 5 times in a row, in my younger days. Wonder why I now have chronic back pain...

    ReplyDelete